Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot authorize work computer with Adobe ID

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've downloaded Adobe Digital Editions to be able to download .acsm files and to export them as PDFs.

When I initially installed the program I did authorized the computer without an Adobe ID, but am now realizing that I need to associate it with an ID to be able to share the PDFs on other devices.

When I go to Help -> Authorize Computer and enter my personal Adobe ID, I get a message that says "You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again."
When I click "Create an Adobe ID" (to make a new account specific to my work computer), it takes me to a webpage that just says "Your account has been created." with no indication of what account it is reference to and no other options.

How do I get around these two issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I had the same problem but sorted now! Go to the menu and select unauthorise this computer - you have to undo that first - then you can go ahead and and do the authorize thing again it will let you in this time Bloody complicated and took me best part of an hour to work that out!! Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines