• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Set as Primary Layout" not available for Printed Documentation outputs?

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. I just tried to set a printed documentation output to be my primary, but the setting is greyed out. I've looked at a couple of other projects, and I cannot set printed documentation to primary in any of them.

Does anyone else find that weird?

Using RH11 on Win7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the layout is available but not the Set As Primary, correct?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. Just the right-click "set as primary layout" option is not available for that type of SSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't confirm that right now but it doesn't surprise me. As a developer I

worked with would say "bummer that" to confirm the finding was correct when

for whatever reason it wasn't on his list of fixes.

Essentially RoboHelp is an online tool.

Time for a feature request.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Peter. Likely, this is intentional as RoboHelp is not intended to create Printed Documentation but online documentation. Printed output is secondary.

My guess is that if you are creating printed output only, and RoboHelp only does this by creating a Word document. And you have to have Word to do it. You are likely just expected to open Word for creating the document. RoboHelp would be overkill.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming. It's not a big deal for me; I was just surprised, and I thought it used to be possible to set it for any output.

(Sorry, peeps who create web-based as an added extra. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp