8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 6:41 PM by sharrib47238596

Unable to launch Adobe InDesign 2017 as you lack sufficient permissions to access the preferences folders

philiph84191565

I have  a user who's installed indesign 2017 but is now getting an error about lack of permissions to access the preferences folder. searching on google bought me to this website and the following steps -

Step 1:

In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder.

Step 2:

In the Go To Folder dialog and type

~/Library

Click Go.

Step 3:

Open the Caches Folder > Open the InDesign folder > select Version 9.0 and Right Click to select Get Info

• Unlock the Security lock in the bottom right hand corner

• Under Sharing and Permissions, Click the “+” to add User (yourself) will display under Name

• Under Privilege it will say Read Only, change this to Read & Write

• Then select the Settings Icon (cogwheel) and Select Apply to Enclosed Items

Step 4A:

Open the Preferences Folder > Open the InDesign folder > select Version 7.0 and Right Click to select Get Info

- Follow the same bullet point steps listed above under Step 3

Step 4B:

In the same InDesign folder > select Version 9.0 and Right Click to select Get Info

- Follow the same bullet point steps listed above under Step 3

But i am Lost on the first part, what is a finder box and the go button????????????? the above is clear as mud to me as adobe seems to have made up there own language and i completely confused in this ~/library and the term "finder box" and clicking go buttons??? can someone help explain this as they would a child and expand a little on the above so i can fix this error and i do mean explain like for exmaple click this go here etc, if anyone replies hit the go button and finder box you are not helping.