• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New feature - Canvas outline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I like the new feature when you can hide the stuff outside of the canvas + the canvas outline. However is it possible to hide the outline or change its color? I don't want the outline to be visible always.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Thanks for the reminder about that button. It's a very new feature and we're both old timers!

I found a discussion on the pre release site, and there is no way to turn off that outline. But, one nice thing is that the stroke is outside the area of the stage. If you need to screenshot your stage for some reason, you would select inside those lines to get the full stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View menu has a Pasteboard option. Selecting that hides everything outside of the stage, and hides the outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Colin said, View > Pasteboard will hide everything outside the stage and the stage outline but there is no way to hide just the stage outline when viewing the pasteboard also.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, there's actually a button "clip content outside the stage" in the GUI, what i wanted was just to hide the outline without hiding the grahpics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder about that button. It's a very new feature and we're both old timers!

I found a discussion on the pre release site, and there is no way to turn off that outline. But, one nice thing is that the stroke is outside the area of the stage. If you need to screenshot your stage for some reason, you would select inside those lines to get the full stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the new features. As an animator i'm excited where the software is going. Funny thing is that i actually was doing the outline manually myself in the previous build, however it sometimes bothers me when i want to see the whole graphics. Thanks for the info, maybe they will add the option at some point in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That new GUI button that clips stage content is new with the Camera feature - but it works whether you use it with the camera feature or not. It's what I call a "big little feature".

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines