Exit

Nvidia driver 368.91 really?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this really serious Adobe?

Adobe Lightroom GPU – Häufig gestellte Fragen und Fehlerbehebung

You need Nvidia driver 368.91 to use your GPU with LR? This must be a joke. I'm wondering if Adobe or Nvidia may work on this problem within the next 10 years? It is a disgrace to work without GPU in LR. And no, I can't use this old driver anymore, because I have other software on my computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complain to NVidia. They broke something in the newer drivers that causes the problems in LR. Won't be the first time something like this has happened. If you're on a Mac you don't have the option of using any other drivers for any of the hardware other than what Apple supplies with the OS. So I suggest you Get Over It and either use the GPU drive that is compatible with LR or turn the GPU feature off and use the newest drivers available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gwidon schrieb:

... It is a disgrace to work without GPU in LR.

Why?  I've been working without GPU support for long time and have no problems. LR works stable with a acceptable performance.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second the above reply. I have a 5+ year old desktop that is using a NVidia GPU that LR says is supported. I turned it off after about a week of installing LR 2015. I've had no problems with it turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think it is acceptable if you know how it was before. Editing, merging and even import files (create preview files) is much slower without gpu. With an Intel Core i5 6600K and Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti the difference is insane. In fact I don't care if it is a Nvidia or Adobe problem. What bothers me is the fact, that neither Nvidia nor Adobe announced something in their release notes. And also it is not possible to contact Adobe if you are a "normal LR" user who purchased a single LR license. Sure I can work without gpu but it is a huge difference. And if Adobe offers the feature it should work at least without using a driver that old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines