4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 7:33 AM by corryr15919325

adobe premiere 4 elements

corryr15919325

Hello,

my production is ready ( not too large) but when i wonna write this , my computer shut down.

• 1. Re: adobe premiere 4 elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You're using a relatively ancient (11 years!) version of the program with very limited capabilities. Version 4 can pretty much edit tape-based video from miniDV and HDV camcorders only, so if you've got video from any other source, you're going to find the program challenged.

Meantime, what operating system are you using? What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

Which Share output are you trying to use to output your finished movie?

• 2. Re: adobe premiere 4 elements
            corryr15919325 Level 1

Hello Steve,

thanks for the quickly reply.

my operating system is windows 10.

free space 390GB

model of recorder jvc GY-HM70

RAM, i dont know, its a new computer and only this program is installed

share output: share >disk

i know its an old adobe program, but for private use, i am happy with it.

because its an old program , he dont accept .mts extensions, but i convert.

sincerly

• 3. Re: adobe premiere 4 elements
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your camcorder shoots in AVCHD -- a format that was not supported by version 4 and was not well supported by Premiere Elements until version 10. (It is now the standard for consumer camcorders and is fully supported by current versions of the program.)

I can't advise you on working with that video on that version of the program. It's simply not going to work well.

In fact, I'd recommend you download the free trial of version 15 and give it a test drive. I think you'll see that, when the video format is fully supported, editing is much easier.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: adobe premiere 4 elements
                corryr15919325 Level 1

Thanks a lot steve,

i will follow your advise

sincerly

corry