• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File association with Prelude

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 Pro. Until recently, I haven't had problems with file associations in Windows Explorer. Now I am having a problem with Prelude files not being able to be associated with Prelude. I can't change it through "Properties," either. I had this same issue with Photoshop wherein I had to edit the Windows registry(!). Not cool. The best Adobe could offer was their usual "uninstall/reinstall" solution. Thank God a user (middle.aged.hack) was able to figure it out and posted a solution that worked, but as mentioned earlier, it involves editing the Windows Registry.

This is unacceptable, Adobe. If you can't get your product to work correctly, at least find us a work-around and then make it VERY public. Don't leave us hanging for weeks and months on end with no solution or, worse, a bad solution. I'd rather you spend your time perfecting what you've created than developing a new function in Photoshop that barely anyone will ever use or re-inventing Flash for the umpteenth time.

** UPDATE **

Just installed this morning's (November 21) Prelude update and the file association problem seems to have been remedied. Thanks, Adobe.

Message was edited by: marc swanson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the problem.

Glad that it has been resolved with the update.

Please highlight if you even see the same again. I haven't seen it of late, though.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the problem.

Glad that it has been resolved with the update.

Please highlight if you even see the same again. I haven't seen it of late, though.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources