3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 9:15 AM by JimHess

Epson XP-55 quality problems

geologica

Hi everyone,

I have two problems with my new Epson XP-55 Photo Printer, I hope someone can help me.

I have Win7 and Win10, Lightroom 4.4 and the newest Epson drivers.

1. Quality: photos are looking great when I print them with the "Epson Easy Photo Print"-Software, but printed with Lightroom (with the same settings in the printer settings) the resolution is really bad.

2. Printer profiles: I created printer profiles with the Xrite Colormunki and used them in Lightroom - everything was fine. Then I had to reinstall the printer driver, and since then the colours are awful.

I'm grateful for every idea and help.

Sorry about my English, it's not really good

Greetings

Charlotte

• 1. Re: Epson XP-55 quality problems
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My experience tells me that if I have chosen the proper settings in Page Setup (which accesses the printer driver) and then set everything properly in Lightroom, I get excellent prints. Can you explain the quality loss that you are experiencing? Maybe you will have to create your profiles again since you had to reinstall the printer.

• 2. Re: Epson XP-55 quality problems
            geologica Level 1

Hi Jimm,

thank you for your quick answer.

I've been working with Lightroom for years, in combination with a Canon Printer and with excellent results. So yes, I´m with you: propter settings in Page Setup and everything is fine. But not with the Epson printer: same settings (like "paper:Glossy? Pearl? Professional?..", like "Quality: normal, fast...", and so on), but the quality is like I choose "Quality:fast". There is a loss of details, for example in hairs (portraits) or in grass (landscape). I'm not a Computer Beginner and had never experienced a problem like that with my Canon, and I really don't understand what's going on. I contactect the Epson Support, but they say it`s a "third party problem", because with the Epson Photo Software the quality is ok.

Profiles I will create again, thats not a problem.

• 3. Re: Epson XP-55 quality problems
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. My understanding is that Lightroom incorporates the printer driver supplied by the printer manufacturer.  I have printed from Lightroom with an HP printer, and am now using a Canon printer. I have had excellent results from both.