• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to revert back to my original image after adding various adjustments/filters in Elements 13 and saving the image as a TIFF in Photos? [was: Jeff]

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to revert back to my original image after I've added various adjustments/filters in Elements 13 and saved the image as a TIFF in Photos.  Using a MacBook Pro.  I open the image in Elements, go to history, but get lost at that point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid you are out of luck, unless you backed up the photo prior to editing it. For what it's worth for the future, you might want to consider using PSE 13's Organizer. If you do that and then click the Save in Version Set box, your edited image is staked on the original. At that point, simply expanding the stack, you can access the original version and proceed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeffreyj6772606 wrote:

I'm trying to revert back to my original image after I've added various adjustments/filters in Elements 13 and saved the image as a TIFF in Photos. Using a MacBook Pro. I open the image in Elements, go to history, but get lost at that point.

What was the original format of your image?  If it was other than tiff then you might have the original image on your hard disk.  Also, have you still got the psd file?  Perhaps it might be possible to delete various layers and leave something that you could start your work on.

Otherwise, it looks like you have a serious problem because once a file is over-written, it is almost impossible to get the original without spending a fortune for an expert to recover from the HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines