0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2008 2:27 PM by wabisabi2004

Error handling in generated stubs

wabisabi2004 Level 1
      Hello,

I've been playing around with Flex Builder 3 and WS and I am puzzled by how one can handle generic SOAP error messages (i.e. not the service faults, but connection errors, message parsing related errors, etc.).

Here is what I try:

1 Generate service stubs out of an existing WSDL using Flex Builder
      2 Create a dead simple Flex app that makes a WS call via stubs
      3 Trying to call an unreliable WS, and I get Flash popup with the stack trace:
      quote:

TypeError: Error #1090: XML parser failure: element is malformed.
      at mx.rpc.soap::SOAPDecoder/decodeResponse()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc \soap\SOAPDecoder.as:234]
      at com.ws::BaseLookupService/processResult()[C:\Documents and Settings\ws\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\FlexClient\services\lookup\com\ws\BaseLookupService.as:237]
      at mx.rpc::AsyncResponder/result()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncResp onder.as:84]
      at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncR equest.as:74]
      at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\ messaging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:381]
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

It looks like neither registering fault handler nor adding event listener to the AsyncToken catches this error.

Does anyone know if I should I be modifying the generated stubs to catch this kind of errors or there is a more elegant approach to fix this? Thanks.