Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp deletes my legend html tag

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2008 Dec 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I use Robohelp 7 and i have defined in a form a fieldset with a legend.
When I generate Webhelp, Robohelp deletes automatically the HTML tag <LEGEND></LEGEND>.
Why? Do you know a method to avoid that ?

Patrice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2008 Dec 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrice

This is admittedly a long shot, but who knows. Maybe it will work!

Open a topic for editing. Then change from WYSIWYG to HTML view. Right-click and choose "Edit expansions".

Click the New button and add your tags into the dialog.

My hope is that by having the tags in there as an expansion, RoboHelp may be coaxed into leaving them alone.

Please try this and report back as to whether it worked!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but this technique does not function. Robohelp persists in removing my HTML tag.
Another idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Sorry for sporadic replies. I'm on a lunch break while conducting a Captivate 3 class.

Well carp! Sorry that didn't work out. (I was crossing my fingers and hoping it would)

About the only other possibility I can think of would involve perhaps using JavaScript to perform a "write in" of the codes. Or possibly using some unique characters surrounding each instance of the text and performing a bit of Post Processing using a Find and Replace utility to scan for the character sequence and replace it. I'm thinking something like this:

You want: <LEGEND>Some text</LEGEND>

You fashion the text to read instead: *bwaSome text/*bwa

Then you perform the search and replace to search for *bwa and replace with <LEGEND>. Perform the search and replace again to search for /*bwa and replace with </LEGEND>.

This probably looks way ickier than it really would be in practice.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2008 Dec 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Rick for your answer.
But I will try to find another solution because your method would be too complicated for maintenance by the customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp