3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 9:49 AM by 10538

Windows Store Validation Problems

10538 Level 1

I've received a couple of errors from the Windows Store when trying to upload my UAP/ARM appx. I have seen various messages and docs about how to supply some of the info required by the store (in config.xml) but these messages have me stumped:

Invalid package family name: SyntagmLtd.WordEkeInnovativeWordGame_12mw2frq923c0 (expected: SyntagmLtd.WordEkeInnovativeWordGame_rsae256x21v3m)

Invalid package publisher name: CN=Syntagm Ltd… C=GB (expected: CN=8F01F424-356F-49F8-A76F-7648D5407593)

(I've removed the address details from the CN= line)

Currently my windows-specific tags in config.xml look like this:

<preference name="WindowsStorePublisherName" value="CN=8F01F424-356F-49F8-A76F-7648D5407593" />
      <preference name="windows-identity-name" value="SyntagmLtd.WordEkeInnovativeWordGame" />

<preference name="windows-appx-target" value="uap" />

<preference name="windows-arch" value="arm" />

I believe where PBG got the publisher name from was the signing certificate I was using. So my guess is that building my own signing cert with the requested CN= will fix that.)

I have no idea how to address the package family name issue, since I don't know where the material after the underscore comes from. I have tried appending '_rase256x21v3m' to the windows-identity-name value in config.xml, but then the build fails because of the underline character.

Any idea how to make this work for the Windows Store? (I've published the same app to Google Play and iTunes today with no problems!)

• 1. Re: Windows Store Validation Problems
          ryanskihead Adobe Employee
          I believe where PBG got the publisher name from was the signing certificate I was using. So my guess is that building my own signing cert with the requested CN= will fix that.)

I believe that this will fix both of your warnings. That _12mw2frq923c0 bit is auto-generated and appended and I think may be based upon the identity-name provided. Give it a try using a key with the correct Publisher Name.

• 2. Re: Windows Store Validation Problems
            10538 Level 1

Okay, thanks. I'll try that and report back!

• 3. Re: Windows Store Validation Problems
              10538 Level 1

Yep, that fixed it. The Microsoft documentation on how to create your own signing certificate is out of date for MakeCert. Here's what I had to run on Windows:

MakeCert -n "CN=your_app_id_from_windows_store" -r -h 0 -a SHA256 -eku "1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.3,1.3.6.1.4.1.311.10.3.13" -sv MyKey.pvk MyKey.cer

Pvk2Pfx /pvk MyKey.pvk /pi pvkPassword /spc MyKey.cer /pfx MyKey.pfx [/po pfxPassword]

You will have been prompted to supply a pvkPassword and pfxPassword during the MakeCert. You then upload MyKey.pfx to PGB (using the pfxPassword to unlock it when building).