• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having trouble importing my latest photo shoot. It does not bring the photos into lightromm completely from the camera and does not import them. IS anyone able to assist me? Thank you in advance.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

John

[Moved from the nontechnical Lounge Forum to the Illustrator Forum by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

Are you using a card reader or directly connecting the camera to the computer?

Mac or Windows? What version?

Which exact NUMBER version of Lightroom?

Going step by step, starting with "I press the import button to bring up the import dialog", what happens at each step?

What is the exact wording of the error message, if you are getting one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D800e directly from camera on a Mac

I went to About in the main menu and says 2015.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connect Camera, turn on click the left import button.   Only some of the files come in to Lightroom.  The rest say preview unavailable.  One time all of the files came in and when i clicked on the right import button nothing happens,  Once it gave me an error message that says unable to write on destination error 397

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us exactly what is not working - 'do not import' is not good enough to help diagnosing an issue. Are there any messages?

In addition, the following info's may be helpful too:

- Your exact LR version and OS

- The camera you are using

- RAW or JPG

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 2015.7 from About Lightroom from Menu

Nikon D 800e

RAW

When I connect the camera and turn and select Import it will not bring the photos into lightroom.  Once it brought them all in and I selected Import from Bottom right and the function did not work.  One time it gave me an error message.  Cannot write error 397

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to look at based on the destination write error:

Using Finder, can you browse the card while the camera is attached to the computer?

(Either way, in the long run you will be much happier using a card reader.)

In the Import dialog, open the Destination panel (this action alone might solve the problem) and verify that all the referenced folders are as you expect.

Any chance you did a Mac OS upgrade lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the sands card in the reader in the back of the mac and everything worked.  I update Mac OS whenever it comes in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using a card reader tends to be a much more reliable way to import images. If the card reader works then use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines