• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code: 5 Cannot open "[file name.indd]" The file "[file name.indd]" is damaged and cannot be recovered.

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ID file that I suddenly can't open. I am getting the error message as shown in the title.

I had been working on the file when I found that I was no longer able to save the file (error code 6). I exited ID and, when I re-opened it, was unable to re-open said file. This file contains manuscript of a book on which I have been working for quite some time and I would very much like to recover it.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.....Stuart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Here is a previous thread about Error 5. If you scroll down, you'll see a staff member has given an address to send the corrupt file to see if the file can be repaired:

What causes damaged InDesign Files (Error code: 5)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a previous thread about Error 5. If you scroll down, you'll see a staff member has given an address to send the corrupt file to see if the file can be repaired:

What causes damaged InDesign Files (Error code: 5)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines