2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2008 4:56 PM by Newsgroup_User

Loading a video/image on entering and exiting a marker

sheeda pahlawan
      Hi,

i am doing a project with Adobe director. I was wondering if there is any piece of code I can use if I want to run a flash file, for example, when I go to a marker. So that I run a flash flash before the marker loads and similarly run another flash file when I click on some other marker and exit that specific marker.
      I want to run the flash file before the contents of the marker is displayed and similarly for exiting????

ASAP....thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Loading a video/image on entering and exiting a marker
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          For the start of the new section, you could put the Flash sprite at the marker, have it play and then, when it finishes, move to another frame and show the new content. If the Flash sprite is integral to the content, then just have it play at the frame where the marker is located.

When you want to leave a particular area, have the navigation button store the new marker's name in a variable and then play the closing Flash sprite. When the Flash finishes have it tell the play head to move to the marker that is stored in the variable.
          • 2. Re: Loading a video/image on entering and exiting a   marker
            Level 7
            For the start of the new section, you could put the Flash sprite at the marker,
            have it play and then, when it finishes, move to another frame and show the new
            content. If the Flash sprite is integral to the content, then just have it play
            at the frame where the marker is located.

When you want to leave a particular area, have the navigation button store the
            new marker's name in a variable and then play the closing Flash sprite. When
            the Flash finishes have it tell the play head to move to the marker that is
            stored in the variable.