Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle Designer ES4 11.0 will not install on Windows 10

Level 2

Our organization purchased ES4 two years ago and installed it on Windows 7 workstations.  We are now looking to upgrade the OS to Windows 10.  I am testing the installation on an isolated test network and have attempted it on virtual workstations (using VMware 5.5) as well as a physical workstation, all running Windows 10.  It seems to progress just fine until time to enter the license key.  I enter our key (again, purchased 2 years ago) and after chewing on that for several minutes it returns an error saying the key is invalid.  Does this installation require internet access?  Other reason the license key would become invalid?  Windows 10 compatibility?

Thanks.

Mike

USTRANSCOM Test Engineer

7 Replies

Employee

Hi Mike,

Adobe LiveCycle designer 11 is supported only on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and Windows Server 2008. For more details, see Adobe LiveCycle ES4 supported platforms guide

Regards,

Khushwant Singh

Level 2

Mr. Singh,

Can you tell me whether Adobe has published a version of LiveCycle Designer that is supported on Windows 10, and if so, what version is that? We will need to upgrade.

Thank you for your quick response.

Mike

Michael L. Mawhorr, Contractor

Test Engineer

USTRANSCOM J6-OI - Test Center

618-229-5051/5628

E-mail: michael.l.mawhorr.ctr@mail.mil

Employee

Hi Mike,

Adobe Designer available for AEM 6.2 Forms [1] is supported on Windows 10.

Regards,

Khushwant Singh

[1] AEM 6.2 Forms Help | Supported Platforms for AEM Forms on JEE

Level 2

Mr. Singh,

We have been using LiveCycle Designer on our Windows 7 workstations as a stand-alone product. Is this still possible with Designer for AEM 6.2 Forms, or is the AEM platform required? And does any of this need to be installed on a server?

Thanks again for your responses. I am completely unfamiliar with this product (I didn't test the previous version and I do not use the product), so any assistance you can give me will be most appreciated.

Mike

Test Engineer

618-229-5051/5628

Level 2

Mr. Singh,

I’ve not received a response to this question thus far, so I am re-sending. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Can you tell me whether Adobe has published a version of LiveCycle Designer that is supported on Windows 10, and if so, what version is that? We will need to upgrade.

Thank you for your quick response.

Mike

Test Engineer

618-229-5051/5628

Employee

Hi Mike,

Designer for AEM 6.2 Forms is an incarnation (latest version) of Adobe LiveCycle. It is available only with AEM platform. As you are using as a stand-alone product, you will find following information about claiming the upgrade to Designer ES4 useful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html

Regards,

Khushwant Singh

Level 2

Khushwant,

ES4 is the version we have been using. My understanding is that it is not supported on Windows 10. Is that correct?

Mike

Test Engineer

618-229-5051/5628