• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is making my photos look like look a turd from the 80's, help.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every now and then Lightroom decides to do the below to an image. It looks fine in the library view, but when i look at it in the develop module I get the below and also when I export it. To start with the image was fine and I edited it as I usually would, but a day or two later it ends up looking like something from the Fresh Prince. When i revert the image to the import settings I get the same thing, it doesn't revert to the original image. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thnx xoxox

MLB_0699.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not do that to your images. Lightroom does not change anything in your images, ever. Your images are always left in the same state they were in when they were downloaded. Any adjustments you make in Lightroom are stored in the catalog, and those adjustments are read from the catalog and applied to the image when it is displayed. What you are seeing is an indication of a hardware failure somewhere in your system. It could be a bad camera card, I bad cable if you are attaching your camera to the computer, a failing hard drive, bad computer memory, etc. It is your challenge to isolate what the problem is and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried disabling GPU acceleration? Let us know if that makes a difference.

Go to:

Edit >> Preferences >> Performance (tab)

Lightroom >> Preferences >> Performance (tab) on Mac OS

Uncheck the box “Use Graphics Processor”

Then click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines