• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues downloading LR6 from Amazon on Mac OS X El Capitan. [Was: David E-C]

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just purchased Lightroom 6 from Amazon who has asked me to down load from their library. Yes , this has gone like a flash less than  MINUTE ONTO MY IMAC El Captain OSX 10 11.6 .Now its confusion. click in the down load then up come Elmedia player asking for updates and plugins and the whole Lightroom down load has vanished into  a while muddle. Amazon does not want to know any more and has thrown the issue into the lap of Adobe. Adobe site is so confusing I have decided that the chaps out here will and can direct me. Can any one help in the simplest of ways how this is now done. Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the Lightroom 6 installer from the following website:

Install Photoshop Lightroom

After you install it you will need to update it to Lightroom 6.7. Amazon probably provided you with a redemption code  that you must use to obtain your Lightroom 6 serial number. Follow those instructions. Your serial number will have six groups of four numbers and the first group will be 1160.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim . I have manage to down load from amazon to my computer. The problems start when I being to load the whole thing.

On screen is a ghost image stating its being " importing to library "  And a more profound flag with an orange triangle (Elmedia Player)

stating Please, make sure that the file format is supported by Elmedia Player and try updating plugin in preferences.

At this point I am totally lost. Ive looked at up dates on this Elmedia but this only directs one to professional programmes.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must  really be out of touch because I have never heard of Elmedia Player. I have no idea how to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davide35160488 wrote:

Thanks Jim . I have manage to down load from amazon to my computer. The problems start when I being to load the whole thing.

On screen is a ghost image stating its being " importing to library " And a more profound flag with an orange triangle (Elmedia Player)

stating Please, make sure that the file format is supported by Elmedia Player and try updating plugin in preferences.

At this point I am totally lost. Ive looked at up dates on this Elmedia but this only directs one to professional programmes.

Many thanks

Sounds like you downloaded something other than Lightroom. But JimHessā€‹ has given you the link to download Lightroom. All you need from Amazon is the serial number or redemption code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you have downloaded from Amazon. My suggestion is to forget about it and download it again from the link I have given you. That error message you are receiving doesn't sound like anything I have ever seen associated with an installation of Lightroom. As Paige has indicated, the only thing you need from Amazon is the redemption code or the serial number. There is nothing else magical about what you get from Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim

Ditched elmdia to avoid interception. Down loaded as suggested with code Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines