Exit

Solved Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"
Note: CreateStcSequence: Fail can not open

I was not able to burn BD, folder and image file.
After two days of fighting, reinstalling Encore recreating new files nothing help.

This how I got to work!
Click with right mouse on Encore, properties, compatibility select "Compatibility mode" Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows 7

I hope it will work for you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your observations, joec37725596!

Much appreciated.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you clicking on the Encore icon? Or in Encore. I'm on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cats!  I've been using Encore CS6 for years.  Then, a few days ago, it quit working with Error Code 3 -- could not open a script file that was plainly there when I hunted it down.

Running on Windows 10 (current updates on July 22, 2018), setting Windows 7 Compatibility Mode resolved my issue!   Thanks!

I don't know what caused Encore to break.  Maybe an OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,  I thought Encore was working again with W7 compatibility set.  That's no longer the case.  I cannot import timelines.  Encore just hangs on the import command.  It does not seem to be able to do any file IO.  Seems to be the end of the road for Encore for me.  Since there is no Adobe replacement, it may be the end of me using Adobe.

I've been messing with this for days.  Today I tried Uninstall/Reinstall.  Still no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of file? How are you trying to import?

Are you running "as administrator" (in addition to the W7 compatibility)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've been doing for years: m4v + wav as a timeline, administrator.  Although wav file is more recent since Media Encoder stopped transcoding the audio.  The import stopped working within the past 2 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject of this thread is wrong for my problem -- I've not been trying to burn discs.  But, I'd thought the W7 compatibility setting had solved my issue, so I used the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A moderator might be able to branch your issues from this thread (beginning with post 3). But there might be a delay, so just start a new thread and post a link to this thread.

Code 3 errors come in many forms: the "note" is the meat of the issue.

Post the full text of the error message, and your versions of Encore (assume CS6) and PR/AME. Also the specific version of Windows you are running.

I am running Encore without basic issues like this on Win 10, version 1803.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created new thread:

Encore CS6 hangs on file IO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I succeeded when I sent the movie mpg2 blu ray. I fought for 3 days. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution (compatibility mode) also solved my problem with an error code 3 coming up every time I tried to Build an .iso file out of Encore CS6. The files were built and encoded out of Premiere CC 2018 as h.264 and an ac3 audio file and I couldn't understand why it wasn't working. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it worked for me
i recently upgrated my pc to windows 10 and its working fine on my end

I tried to Build an .iso file out of Encore CS6. The files were built and encoded out of Premiere CC 2019 as h.264 and an ac3 audio file and I couldn't understand why it wasn't working. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love, you really solved my problem, thank you!!! 3 year later thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci !!! moi aussi çà marche nickel.

Super pour ton partage....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I just found this too!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me! i've onlybeen having this error the past few weeks, and decided to finally try to resolve it.

so i was getting the "blu-ray errer: "device error", code: "3", note: " File can not open.(I:\Video Projects\ldi\TLDI, S2D1\AuthorScriptHDMVSessions\01-1.m4v.__.ves)-" error to be specific. a workaround i found the last project was to export the assetts in blu-ray compliant streams at 40mbps, and then use encore to re-transcode to the bitrate i wanted. for some reason, there was no error at all if encore handled the transcode. so i didnt need to do compatibility mode if encore handled the transcode. only if i imported already disc compliant streams did it give me the error.

but either way win7 comp. mode fixed it to where i could export from premiere cc with the desired bitrates and such and go on with my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for me.  I am using Windows 10 and had a device error Code 3 error could not open "AuthorScriptHDMVSessions".  Right clicked on Encore CS6 app icon, clicked properties, selected Compatibility tab, enabled windows 7 compatibility.  Selecting Win 7 compatibility does also work for windows 10. 

I had troubles getting CS6 encore to even open originally.  I had to log out of the current 2020 Adobe manager account first.  Open Premiere CS6, login there under the Help tab and then open Encore CS6 to get past the "Trial version has expired" warning I was getting when attempting to open Encore.

I hope this helps someone else reduce the 3 day task of building a blu ray to the 20 minutes it shoud take!

I am going to copy and paste this relpy to a safe folder, so I don't forget in 6 months when I need to build another Blu Ray:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are in 2021 and this fix still works.  Thank you.  You saved sanity and time and worry about what happens if I can't burn disks with my ProComposed menu files and the movie files, MPEG2 works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hice tal cual, mi pregunta es: lo hago desde mi windows 10 o tengo a abrir windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do I do it from my windows 10 or do I have to open windows 7?

You do it in Windows 10. 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to post this.  I was pulling my hair out over this one...but it makes sense since Adobe dropped Encore years ago -- but I use it all the time!  You're the bomb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

April 2022, Windows 10, still working, thx a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines