5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2016 2:43 AM by Roei Tzoref

    Expressions rendering different in media encoder

    konnerf83558409

      Hey guys, Im using an expression linking amplitude in S_shake to scale in the transform effect. I made my video (which is my first render in 2017 version) and it turned out perfect. I went to render it out and it seems the expression broke so it was only showing the expression going at 1 value which messes up the video quite a bit. Can anyone help? i have two pictures here to show what is going on.

      This is the version in AE notice the small amount of rotation in this.

      true video.png

      This is the rendered version that i dont want. notice the rotation:bad render.jpg

        • 1. Re: Expressions rendering different in media encoder
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

          we need to isolate the problem. what if you render a lossless version in Ae? render a short segment with QT Animation - is it like AE or still different? if it looks good like your preview then we have established this is something with the connection to AME.  so then maybe it's something in the render settings that's not passing through (by default Add Composition to AME is current settings, not best settings - this means master switches are respected but also other things) so try Queue in AME and see if the result is better.

           

          what ever you find try to isolate your problem. fresh project, fresh composition, just the Sapphire effect. maybe even just the transform effect with the expression. if you can reproduce the steps in an all native Aep then you can upload it here and I can take a look too.

          • 2. Re: Expressions rendering different in media encoder
            konnerf83558409 Level 1

            so i replicated it, when rendered in media encoder same effects happened, rendering it loseless now and uploading the aep

            • 3. Re: Expressions rendering different in media encoder
              konnerf83558409 Level 1

              So I have redone everything and im still finding a problem. Two things, one how do i upload an aep to this site and two I know the problem is between the link of After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder as every other way that i render it fine. Something like this happens to me when i open the project back up, it switched transform scale to scale height as a glitch so the expression breaks but in the older versions i could render without the expression breaking.

              • 4. Re: Expressions rendering different in media encoder
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

                Convert the expression to keyframes using the keyframe assistant of same name. Expressions always have been twitchy with any form of DynamicLink and may not evaluate correctly.

                 

                Mylenium

                • 5. Re: Expressions rendering different in media encoder
                  Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
                  this happens to me when i open the project back up, it switched transform scale to scale height as a glitch so the expression breaks but in the older versions i could render without the expression breaking.

                  this sounds like a bug. your expressions should remain the same if you re-open them.

                  how do i upload an aep to this site

                  use any legit cloud service and post the link in here

                  I know the problem is between the link of After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder as every other way that i render it fine.

                  o.k but you say this also happen when you re-open the project, correct? if you in a hurry you could drag your lossless rendered version to AME Queue and create your compressed video with no problems. otherwise please upload a reduced, native, no effects aep file in here so we may take a look.

                   

                  but in the older versions i could render without the expression breaking.

                  if you want to make sure the same project behaves fine in older versions, you can save your project as 2014-15 versions and see if this happens in the recent build. (file->save->save a copy as 13)

                   

                  Mylenum suggested you bake the keyframes and that could work, but I think still this should not be a problem sending a project with expressions to AME without baking. baking a project full of expressions could be very time consuming in my opinion and I haven't came across a project that does not contain it's expressions when sent to AME. but maybe it's just luck. M knows his stuff that's for sure