Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

plugin for Illustrator CC 2015

Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a plugin developed for Illustrator CS5. We want to upgrade the plugin to be compatible with Illustrator CC 2015.

There were lot of changes and Adobe deprecated lot of existing libraries and introduces new things. To start with, we tried to build freegrid plugin from sample code from SDK. The freegrid.aip file got generated when built using VS2013. We copied this file to Illustrator plugin folder and started the Illustrator. It is giving error loading plugin message.

We tried to change build properties to change it to 64 bit but still the same problem.

We are really stuck here.

Appreciate your response on this.

Thank You,

Aniket

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aniket,

I was in the same situation as you seem to be, and my solution was to use Hot Door's CORE library to rebuild my plugins. It requires pretty much a complete re-write of your code, but the new libraries are very similar. It's possible to use CORE for the UI and any other elements you want, and combine it with the Adobe SDK. I like that the CORE projects can be compiled for many versions of Illustrator and are very cross-platform. You'll need VS2010, though. My current plugins work with CS6 through CC 2017, both Mac and Windows, including 32- and 64-bit. I hope this helps!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines