1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2016 3:35 PM by Roei Tzoref

Animating Flat Design from Illustrator

vincent2261

I'm making an educational video and have become inspired by Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell and their flat design process, which I think looks really cool. Specifically, I am looking at animating planets to have the continents and clouds spin around to simulate rotation. I created Earth in Adobe Illustrator by creating a sphere with rectangles, making them curved on the edges, then using a clipping mask to cut them in a circle. I thought that the little snippets beyond the clipping mask would act as something I scroll across the planet's face by using keyframes, but when I imported the layers from Illustrator into After Effects, I only got the objects inside the clipping mask, not the entire object.

I am going to link some photos to help visualize what I'm trying to explain. Images: http://imgur.com/a/v1i6j

Maybe my layers are screwed up, or maybe I have to compile everything in After Effects. I'm pretty new to the whole process, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!