3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2017 7:17 AM by sfdomack

Creative Could Installation Destination

tillv43726163

Hello,

when I start the CC installer it automatically gets installed to C:/.

I'd rather change the installation destination to D:/.

And I dont mean additional CC Apps, I mean the Creative Cloud App itself.

So how come the installation manager doesn't ask me where I want to install it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Creative Could Installation Destination
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

tillv43726163 wrote:

So how come the installation manager doesn't ask me where I want to install it?

Thanks

Because that's where it works best.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creative Could Installation Destination
            Alfred Pennyworth Level 4

You need to go to the CC App and select the gear icon, then select preferences, at the top will read General and Creative Cloud, select Creative Cloud. Then the Apps tab. 

There are some dropdown boxes, the second of which says Install Location. You need to change this to the Drive D

Some parts will still be installed on C however even after changing the location.

• 3. Re: Creative Could Installation Destination
              sfdomack

I installed it on another drive and it works like a charm. This is answered on another Thread, but I'll post it here because I found this one easier via google:

You need to create a symbolic link from C:\Program Files (x86) to the Folder you actually want to install it in.

[QUOTE]

On Windows, hit the Start button and type "command".

In the search list, RIGHT Click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator".

Type mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe" G:\Adobe

Run the Adobe Creative Cloud installer.

Details: The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows

[/QUOTE]

This will create a symbolic link. If a program tries to read/write something in c:\program files (x86)\adobe it will be redirected to g:\adobe

Note: You need to create "G:\Adobe" before this step and "C:\Program Files (x86)\adobe can't exist.

Problem solved. Don't know why Adobe makes it that complicated for us.