Thanks for this link, but I don't get any errors when I export the book in parts to PDF.
I am sending you the files now through our Hightail account. The email
will come from my work colleague Jill (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Can you please email me (email@example.com) when you have worked
out what the problem is?
Thanks so much!
Rangs Graphics & Design
0448 799 558
I could reproduce the crash on export and we are investigating the issue. In the meanwhile, please use the following workaround - Reduce the documents in book 120 or so and export the book in pdf and epub. It should definitely wok.
Thanks for your reply. I will try this one and see how I go.
I guess I will have to stick the epub together using Dreamweaver to make the whole book.
Adobe was able to replicate the error but not give me a fix for the problem. So I had to stitch the epub together using Dreamweaver.
I set the book up in InDesign with two book documents. The first with most of the book documents in, and the second with the contents file and the book documents at the end of the book.
I then exported the book into two epubs, which I unzipped into two websites.
I had to then combine the files from both epub websites to make the one book.
An epub is a zipped up website, and to edit it in Dreamweaver you change the .epub to .zip and then unpack the website.
It has two folders META-INF and OEBPS. All of the files you need to edit are in the OEBPS folder.
Each chapter of the book is an .xhtml file.
There are also folders for css, font and image
So you map the epub website in DW and start working on the following files:
1. I put all of the chapters from the second book into the OEBPS folder of the first book.
2. I edited the contents .xhtml file to have links to the extra chapters at the end of the book. eg:
<p class="Quote"><a href="135_The_Face_Game_III_56_God_the_unnecessary_hypothesis.xhtml#_idTextAnchor074">56 GOD THE UNNECESSARY HYPOTHESIS</a></p>
3. I had to edit these anchor names in each .xhtml file for those extra added chapters
4. I had to add links for the extra added chapters to the toc.ncx file. (you have to add the file type .ncx into DW so that you can edit it)
5. Each chapter has its own css file. I renamed the css files for the extra chapters with a after the name and added them to the css folder. You need to update the .xhtml files for the extra chapters with the changed css file names in the <head> tag.
5. I added links to the extra chapters into the content.opf file. I also had to update the links in the added chapter .xhtml files. nb. the content.opf file will not save. You have to do a save as in DW and it will make a content.opf.htm file that you then have to change the name of in the zipped folder
The Content.opf file also links to the css files so you need to update that with the new css file names.
6. Any images from the added chapters need to be added to the image folder.
Once all these changes are done you can update the .zip folder with the added chapters, images and css files and the edited toc.ncx, contents.opf files. Also you need to add the updated files for the contents.xhtml and the added chapters .xhml files.
You then rename the .zip file to .epub and preview it in Adobe Digital Editions.