• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The problem with working in the Curves in Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a problem with working in the Curves in Lightroom. I can not move the points on the curve with the mouse and pen tablet. I click the mouse on the point, but the point is not moving as though I had not pinched. Or point move, but returns to its original position.

Tried to change the mouse - the problem persists

is it possible that this is due to go on mac os Sierra

perhaps you have the same problem. is there a solution to this problem?

I use:

Lightroom CC 2015.7 release

IMac 4K 21.5 mac OS Sierra

Tablet Wacom Bamboo One CTL-671

Mouse  by Apple

Sorry for my English. I use Google translator

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

This bug has now been acknowledged. The team is investigating.

Any updates to the issue will be shown here: Lightroom 6: Tone curve is insensitive to MacBook Pro touch pad | Photoshop Family Customer Community

It would help if you could add your voice there and your System Info (Help > System Info > Copy or Save As) to provide the team with more info.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that you'll get a much better audience of Lightroom users in the main Lightroom forum: Photoshop Lightroom . This forum (Lightroom SDK) is for the few of us who are working on writing Lightroom plugins.

That said, yes, it's possible that being an "early adopter" of Sierra is contributing to your headaches. It may be that you need an updated driver for the tablet. Or it could be a bug in Lightroom that only affects Sierra users. I've not "upgraded" (from OS X 10.11) yet. And I may never do so, if software developers don't require it. Anyway, I've learned the "hard way" that it is best to wait out the "dot-oh" releases for at least a few months and let other people report the bugs rather than being stuck with them.

Anyway, can you use the mouse or tablet to move the sliders (Highlights, Lights, Darks, Shadows) below the curve, rather than actually dragging points on the curve? Can you click a point and move it up/down with the arrow keys on your keyboard? This might help troubleshoot or shed further light on the problem.

Update: Having just searched, my suspicions that using Sierra is likely your problem seem to be confirmed. There are numerous threads where people talk about issues like what you are describing since the release of Sierra. See:

Unless you are being paid as a software tester, I suggest you think of "major" OS X releases as "unstable/beta" and wait until you cannot help but upgrade (due to too many critical software packages requiring the "new" OS). At least a few months is usually required before such issues have all been resolved. That's been my experience since I owned my first Mac (long before OS X), and I got this advice from professionals who worked in the desktop publishing industry at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I also think that this may be the driver for the tablet. As the driver for the tablet has also been updated after the release of Sierra, and I was faced with the problem Alt jam. But I can not return to the previous driver, since it does not work in the Sierra.

Tell me, please, how can I control the points on the curve with a keyboard? I can do this in Photoshop, and not in Lightroom. The point does not become active by clicking on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has now been acknowledged. The team is investigating.

Any updates to the issue will be shown here: Lightroom 6: Tone curve is insensitive to MacBook Pro touch pad | Photoshop Family Customer Communit...

It would help if you could add your voice there and your System Info (Help > System Info > Copy or Save As) to provide the team with more info.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The device (Macbook touch pad) is a red herring and should not be in the issue title/description. The issue is Mac OS Sierra.

There are a lot more users of Mac OS Sierra than Macbook Pro trackpads AND the numbers are increasing rapidly, by the day, as more users decide "it's been long enough; I'll do the upgrade now" (and all new purchases of Macs will be affected). Anyway, many reported this issue on systems without a trackpad, so it shouldn't be in the issue title, especially not for the "official discussion thread". Just my 2¢ (as someone who has significant experience in software QA and managing an issue queue...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LoweMo.photo​,

There actually have been reproductions of the issue on macOS 10.11 and Windows 8.1 and 10.

However, thank you for sharing!

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines