Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warcraft movie special effect

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear after effect users

I've seen the new warcraft movie a while ago and i was wondering how they did some of their effects. I'm desperate to know how you should do this effect:

Warcraft - "Khadgar" Extended Character Video (HD) - YouTube at around 8 seconds.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on how 3D-ish it needs to be and what tools you have at hand. Something similar could easily be created using GenArts Sapphire Aurora and Zap, using paths/ masks to guide the motion. Similarly, texture mapping Fractal Noise and Lightning effects (including the ones that come with AE) to plug-ins like Mettle Freeform Pro or Trapcode Tao would work nicely. If you don't have access to these tools, you can always create the strands as a straight 2D comp and bend them into place using the puppet Tool and otehr distortion effects like Bezier Warp. It's just going to take a bit of work and finetuning.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Mylenium. Im using trapcode tao for this because i think its the best to use. But im still having a lot of problems with texturing this and make it look smooth. I looks a little bit blocky and not in the right color etc.

Any tips?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also I cant seem to get it in a 3d spiral with tao. I can make this 2d but i think making it 3d will be a lot better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines