25 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 11:12 AM by finnandme

Misplacing puppet parts? (beginner)

Monklyn

Hello, I started using Ch just a couple days ago, with no experience on the animation field at all, and I must say that it's going pretty well so far, I'm amazed by the simplicity and effectiveness of this program and I'm totally in love with it.

I made 3 puppets already, which I'm still working on because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I always tend to challenge myself more and more.

So the problem I'm having is that, I make the basic structure on Photoshop, grouping and layering everything properly (I hope) And it works great....

Until I get a new idea and I want to add more stuff into the basic puppet... let's say, more hair strands or a dress.

At first I was having no problems whatsoever, but after a while Character Animator decided that after every single Photoshop edit, it will misplace everything... and I would have to manually place the parts back together myself.

Am I missing a step?

This is confusing and very time consuming, so hopefully I'll manage to fix this. I hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Example:

dolly.png