• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR imports files that weren't selected

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR CC 2015.7  on my MacBook Pro laptop - All the candidate photos for import are on the main  1tb SSD drive in a single large folder with many sub-folders. When I designate one of the sub-folders to be imported I start getting all types of documents from some other place on the drive - not photos. I don't even recognize them. Why does this happen? Several other sub-folders - each with many sub-folders - imported perfectly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

There is an option in the import dialog to include Subfolder. Maybe you should uncheck that option and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know how to do do that screen shot. The non-pictures are appearing rapidly in the grid and files are being listed/added in the navigator. After I see whats happening - done that several times - I just cancel and don't back-up that mess.

All the folders have sub-folders which have sub-sub-folders --- There are probably a 1000 or more folders in the primary 11 main sub-folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you right click on the folder you can select, actually deselect Include subfolders. Have you tried that.

What kind of computer are you using, Mac or Windows? On Mac the Shift+Command+4 keys allows you to draw a window around what you want to capture in a screen shot and saves it to your desktop. On windows use the Snipping Tool (Start button, Type Snipping Tool, hit the enter key or click the Snipping tool shortcut).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact folder have you selected when this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines