Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6 does not see camera profile

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I want to add camera profile, which I created using Adobe DNG profile Editor, to LR6. I put .dcp file in all places I  could find in different tutorials (e.g. applications/Lightroom/contents/resources/CameraProfile), relaunched LR6, but it still sees only "Adobe standard" profile. How to force it to see new profile?

Thank you, Alexei

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Solution:

1. Create .dcp file using "Export Profile" (but not .dcpr using "Save Recipe"!!!)  in Adobe DNG profile Editor.

2. Put it in folder (for Mac) HD/Users/YourID/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/YourCamera/YourRecipe.dcp

3. Restart LR6. It will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Camera Profiles folder create a Subfolder for the name and model of you camera, Nikon/Canon/Whatever Model Name, and place the profile in that subfolder.

This is on Windows but it should be the same for Mac.

Camera Profile locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.K. I did it:

Image2.jpg

Re-Launched LR6, but the option in "Profile" is "Adobe standard":

Image1.jpg

What's next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are working with RAW files right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And more general question:  There are a lot of preset camera profiles already in the right folder. Why my LR6 does not see them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution:

1. Create .dcp file using "Export Profile" (but not .dcpr using "Save Recipe"!!!)  in Adobe DNG profile Editor.

2. Put it in folder (for Mac) HD/Users/YourID/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/YourCamera/YourRecipe.dcp

3. Restart LR6. It will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines