2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2016 11:27 AM by bruced10180372

Lightroom and Photoshop PSD image transfer problem

bruced10180372

Hi,

I need some assistance.

I am running Photoshop CC (recently updated to 2017.0.0 release) and Lightroom 2015.7 release and Camera Raw  version 9.7  - so these are all up to date.

Lightroom preferences is set to send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop as a PSD.  In Photoshop  - Edit - Preferences - File Handling, "Maximise PSD and PSB File Combatability is set to "Always".  

When I send an image from Lightroom over to Photoshop,  make an editing adjustment and click "Save", it is supposed to reappear in Lightroom.  This doesn't happen.  However, according to Lightroom the edited image is in the Catalog.  If I go to the import window the image is there but "greyed" out, confirming that it has already been imported. I have also tried to send the images from LR to PS as TIFFs, but the same happens.

On the other hand, if I transfer an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, do some edits and "Save As" a jpeg, then no problem in importing the edited image back into Lightroom. The problem clearly lies with showing edited  PSD or TIFF files back in Lightroom.

Any thoughts.