2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2016 3:09 PM by JimHess

Lightroom on 2016 NTB macbook pro

joshuag79944744

Hi,

im looking at buying a new laptop and the 2016 non touch bar macbook pro (2.0ghz i5, 8gb ram) is ticking the right boxes. My only concern is that im unsure if its powerful enough for lightroom and photoshop. I normally upload RAW 20+megapixel pictures does anyone have any experience with the new models to shine some light on this? Thanks

• 1. Re: Lightroom on 2016 NTB macbook pro
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Any modern computer will run both LR and PS.

I use a desktop I built in March of 2011 and a Dell Notebook I bought in December 2011. Both run LR and PS without problems.

Just get the most RAM offered and the biggest SSD offered. If you can afford it.

• 2. Re: Lightroom on 2016 NTB macbook pro
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A 2 GHz i5 processor might slow you down a bit, but it should handle Lightroom just fine. A solid-state drive will help in the loading of the Lightroom program, but it won't  enhance your postprocessing speed in Lightroom after the program is loaded. I use Lightroom on a Windows 10 computer with an i5 processor running at 3.1 GHz. I  have 8  GB RAM and Lightroom is installed on a SSD. My images are stored on 7200 RPM "regular" hard drives. Generally speaking, my computer handles Lightroom well. It slows down a bit if I'm stitching panoramas with 18 images. But it does get the job done.