3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2016 1:22 PM by rob day

indesign stroke weight incorrect

danielg71499439

I am using indesign CS6. When I scale my document, the stroke weight scales (I want it to), but the dialogue box still says it's the same stroke weight as the original size. How do I get the dialogue box to say what the actual stroke weight is on the resized document, instead of saying what the original stroke weight was?

• 1. Re: indesign stroke weight incorrect
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try setting your Preferences>General>When Scaling: to Apply to Content

• 2. Re: indesign stroke weight incorrect
            danielg71499439 Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion. I found that the one thing that works is to use the "redefine scaling as 100%" from the top pull down menu. This is what I do to get rid of the parentheses on the font sizes and I didn't realize it also needed to be done on the line weights as well. My hope was to find a simple way to create a scaled down document that automatically gives the correct measurements, but so far this is the best I can do. A bit cumbersome, but at least it works.

• 3. Re: indesign stroke weight incorrect
              rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The preference has changed a bit with the CC apps, but this is what I see in CS6:

With Apply to Content selected, the stroke is scaled and the transform percentage stays at 100% after the scale, so a 300% transform shows the stroke starting at 10pt and ending at 30pt with the scale value reset to 100%

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.11.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.11.42 PM.png

With Adjust Scaling the stroke size is unchanged, but the transform percentage is indicated, so here I have a 10pt stroke, but its scale is 300%. Changing the preference only affects future transforms

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.12.32 PM.png