• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign stroke weight incorrect

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using indesign CS6. When I scale my document, the stroke weight scales (I want it to), but the dialogue box still says it's the same stroke weight as the original size. How do I get the dialogue box to say what the actual stroke weight is on the resized document, instead of saying what the original stroke weight was?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting your Preferences>General>When Scaling: to Apply to Content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I found that the one thing that works is to use the "redefine scaling as 100%" from the top pull down menu. This is what I do to get rid of the parentheses on the font sizes and I didn't realize it also needed to be done on the line weights as well. My hope was to find a simple way to create a scaled down document that automatically gives the correct measurements, but so far this is the best I can do. A bit cumbersome, but at least it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The preference has changed a bit with the CC apps, but this is what I see in CS6:

With Apply to Content selected, the stroke is scaled and the transform percentage stays at 100% after the scale, so a 300% transform shows the stroke starting at 10pt and ending at 30pt with the scale value reset to 100%

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.11.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.11.42 PM.png

With Adjust Scaling the stroke size is unchanged, but the transform percentage is indicated, so here I have a 10pt stroke, but its scale is 300%. Changing the preference only affects future transforms

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 4.12.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines