Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using reCaptcha V2 (check box) on email newsletter list registration form

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have sifted through the forums and documentation to try to track down an answer here. I'm looking for a way to integrate reCaptcha V2 (the check box version) into the default email newsletter registration form. I realize that I can create a new custom form, but is there a slight code adjustment that can be made to the default newsletter subscription form to utilize the reCaptcha V2 vs. the default (or even scrambled) image verification? Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Ryan

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Hi Ryan,

Just use a webform. You will have it up and running in under an hour. Or you can wait a year for BC to implement it on newsletters if they do at all

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Just use a webform. You will have it up and running in under an hour. Or you can wait a year for BC to implement it on newsletters if they do at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the quick response. That's kind of what I figured, but wasn't sure if there was an easy change to the form code/JS to integrate the newer Captcha. Sometimes I wish BC would be sold back to Goodbarry... I may have to start the search for a platform that sees more consistent updates/support. 😕

Thanks again Liam,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was no sale to Goodbarry or anything. Was always BC, just different branded for US market once.

Webforms are way more powerful then the default signup. If I was running BC I would remove the newsletter signup and just have the admin automate creation of a web form or guide user to that when you need a signup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines