• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player .exe files will not load.

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 7 64 Bit computer with the System plugin and Internet explorer and Google chrome versions of Flash Player installed.

Flash Version

I have tried clearing all data, uninstalling multiple times, older versions everything but every time I try to open a flash projector or .exe file it open to a white screen and on right click it says 'Movie not loaded'. Another program I have which depends on flash just won't open at all. Thanks! Please advise!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for bumping the topic but have received no reply in 2 days. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End-users can view Flash content via Flash Player (for web browsers), AIR (for desktop or mobile apps) or third-party players such as Scaleform (for video games).

Open the chrome browser and navigate to Adobe - Flash Player and check if you have flash player installed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash player installed and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. What I have is some projector files which will not open correctly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erixom​ That's nothing... Once the Adobe Flash Player offline installer (download page and file(s)) was removed - it was only a question of time (& version, I guess) that ships will start to sink.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

ATM., I'm having a problem where the Adobe Download Manager, newest version 23.0.0.207 won't even initialize properly - or start downloading:

ADM.png
xa.png

.. Nice, right? Completely b0rked, nothing I can do about it - whatsoever. Who knows, whether: it's looking for a Service which isn't available (and/or cannot start /is Disabled), there's a Task missing, a disabled driver, or another 1000 reasons.

One Restart ago, is used to trigger the Comodo Firewall alert (Custom Ruleset, "Do NOT show popup alerts" - default option - turned off) on the b0x and now - not a peep! Wonderful! xD

There's the Windows 10 nightmare (normal, unnoticeable, for regular users; & a complete hell, whenever trying to Administer anything, as everything has been integrated and disabling something means dismantling half of the system: where MANY things must simply be broken; like, even using gpedit.msc will raze the OS to the ground, heh.)

Anyway, OFFTOPIC; but, it may help to know - if at all applicable to your case - that everything has become so inter-connected in Window$ that God only knows what setting where, what checkbox somewhere, can mean the difference between life and death. I'm talking about some Control Panel, Internet Options setting affecting the way that the Flash Player (web) Settings Manager will (not) work, blah.

Alright, didn't mean to take up your time!.. Good luck with everything and tc!!

Edit: Just btw., as suspected, their Adobe Download Manager tool - for fetching the Flash Player - is completely reliant upon random Windows Services and the built-in MHTML engine, the Micro$oft Internet Exploder Control Panel settings for Internet Options... Once everything was re-enabled, things which I never use, which must remain disabled (without a doubt) in order to have any sort of security while accessing the Internet, the update /downloading /installation went just fine.

Agent Smith: [echoing] It is inevitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. I thought I had tried every setting but who knows what it really is. I'm hoping someone from Adobe will be able to help me because as unstable as it is I still need it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but bumping again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing much about the actual application you're trying to run, it's hard to say. 

Do you know if it's doing something tricky, like loading DLLs in the same directory in order for the content to run?  I ran into an issue a few days ago where someone had hacked together their own rights management solution that way, but recent security changes will no longer allow that technique to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual application I believe is just a normal Flash projector with an SWF though I could be wrong. I did find something weird if I run Amy flash exe file any directly from a .zip file it runs fine unless it has dependency s in the zip but if I extract it and run it it won't run. Thanks for replying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry this says the question is "assumed answered" but it's not. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines