• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click Boxes aren't Responding

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a very new user using Captivate 7. I want the user to click on the monitor for more info. I've added the additional audio to the click box.

So basically, the main slide's audio finishes and instructs the user to click on the monitor for more info, but the click box audio starts automatically without user input. Can you please help me with settings?

click box.png

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have set the audio to be attached to the Click Box itself rather than having the Click Box execute an action to Play Audio (with the specific audio clip selected to be played).  If the audio is attached to a slide object (e.g. the click box object) then the audio will start to play as soon as that object enters the timeline.

Is that possibly the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard,

Thank you so much for responding. That's exactly what I've done. So basically what you're telling me is...I need to remove the audio from the click box and add it to the main slide audio?

& if that's the case, when would you ever attach audio to a click box and how is it suppose to behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object audio (any object can have audio attached to it) can be very useful in some situations:

• Since the audio will not play when the object is hidden, this is a possibility to have a audio playing only in a specific situation, like when visiting the slide for the first time. Use a conditional action to track a visit counter, and after the first visit you hide the audio.
  • If for some reasons you want to have two audio clips playing at the same time. That is not possible with slide audio, not with the P;ay audio command, only with object audio.

Maybe these blog posts could provide you with some ideas:

Audio Objects: Control them! - Captivate blog

Playtime with Audio and Widgets - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not suggest that you add the audio clip to the Slide Audio since then the audio clip would begin playing as soon as the slide entered the timeline.

Click Boxes are one of several different interactive objects found in Captivate that will execute actions in response to user interactions, e.g. clicking with the mouse.

Your original post seemed to suggest that you wanted the audio clip to play when the user clicked the Click Box (which is positioned over the top of the Monitor graphic).  To achieve this you need to have the audio clip played by means of the Play Audio action.  You can either use a single Action selected for the On Success event of the Click Box, or you could have the On Success event of the Click Box execute a Standard Advanced Action which then has the Play Audio action as one of several actions you might want to execute.  Either way would do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning RodWard,

So glad you clarified that for me, but I always get this error when I select the "Play Audio" option On Success.

audio error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows that you haven't selected an audio file from the Library to be played.

First import the audio file to your Captivate Library and then select it in the Audio field under the Play Audio action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT!! THAT WORKED! I no longer get that audio error, but it's still not pausing and waiting for the user to click as if the audio is a part of the slide. So when I click on the monitor, that audio is now playing again simultaneously at a delayed interval of course. Is there anyway I can send my project to you or give you my number to call at your earliest convenience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Captivate Community! Get ready for a "unique" eLearning experience!

Looking at the timeline, I don't see anything to pause the progression of the slide. Something must be in the timeline to pause. If not, the audio will begin playing. There are several solutions to this issue. Here is one:

1. Insert a click box - It's my practice to actually drag the box off of the slide and on to the margin
  2. In the 'Properties' for the Click Box, make sure 'Pause project until user clicks' is selected
  3. Make sure the new Click Box appears after the slide's "main audio" and before the "additional info" begins

This will work every time but may not be as "sexy" as some of the solutions above.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opps...

Make the click box ON THE SLIDE and covers the area where the user likely to click. In fact, It should probably cover the entire slide.

Sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources