• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2017 Windows 10 Freeze/Crash when highlighting text

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Indesign 2017 I am getting freezes/crashes. This is happening on multiple machines and all files with different fonts etc. Freeze normally happens whilst trying to highlight text, sometimes the mouse cursor vanishes. Looking under task manager the application is sitting around 27% (higher than usual) processor usage and it is not saying that it is not responding but no matter how long you leave it alone it never comes back as a functioning application.

I have tried uninstalling all Creative Cloud applications but problem still persists.

Anyone else having these problems? I'm currently having to use 2015 and convert files which is taking some time and not ideal!

Both systems I have tried use Intel processors (i7 6700k and i3 2120) with AMD video cards (R9 390 and HD 5770).

Driving me crazy!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Guildford,

Please try un-checking the following preference : Advance Type -> Type Contextual controls.

This workaround is resolving the issue for a lot of people. Please give it a try.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Pragya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines