• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duotone Background Setup

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing a photo book project in black and grey duotone, and would like a black background throughout the book. I'm not that familiar with ink setup in Indesign, as I have always in the past just used a plain white bg and setup my duotone images in PS. I think to get a black bg in ID, the only way is to draw a black rectangle on the master page, but what is the best, most foolproof way to set my black/grey ink ratio for just the bg rectangle? Sorry if this is basic. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

First, create a swatch for the gray, make sure that it is a spot color. Then, from the swatch panel flyout, select New Mixed Ink Swatch. Then create your duotone mix of gray and black.

mixed-ink.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, create a swatch for the gray, make sure that it is a spot color. Then, from the swatch panel flyout, select New Mixed Ink Swatch. Then create your duotone mix of gray and black.

mixed-ink.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to watch out for with mixed inks is there's no color management for spot color tints or mixed inks so soft proofing mixed ink colors might not be reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up. I will ask the printer for a recommended ratio and include it in my wet proof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines