after 4 sessions online with Adobe, I think I found my solution to a program that had become so slow as to not be useful (besides upgrading RAM).
When I toggled off the preflight panel, my computer became useable once again.
Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Based on your post it seems you are facing issues related to InDesign performance in long document.
However, we are still not sure what is actual cause for your issue.
We need your support to figure out what is causing this performance issue and more information for possible workarounds.
Can you please provide this information:
· Earlier Version status(Please mention Yes/No) Same issue was being observed in earlier version of InDesign ?
· Sample Document(Please attach a packaged document for analysis)
You can upload your document on dropbox/creative cloud and send on "sharewithID@adobe.com"
· Which area OR feature where slowness is being observed(e.g typing, export, movement etc.)
· Any Known steps(Step that led to slowness)
· Platform detail(Using Windows/Mac e.g. Windows10, Mac10.12.1)
· Machines Configuration (details like RAM, CPU etc)
· Video recording(If possible screen recording showing slowness )
Eagerly waiting for your response.
(Adobe InDesign Team)
Just adding to Sumit's comments here. We may be able to provide a more granular workaround if we are able to reproduce your scenario at our end.
(Adobe InDesign team)