• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the user location scripts folder on OSX?

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts in After Effects : "Scripts are also installed in user locations starting with After Effects CC 12.1."

Does anyone know what the correct path is to this folder?

~/Library/Adobe/???/Scripts??

I'm working on an administered machine, I cant install scripts to the /Application/ folder.

Would be great if Adobe could all this information to the KB article...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts are in the application folder by default:

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 6.28.21 PM.png

If you want to you can put Scripts in the User Libraries folder in your Documents folder or you could create your own scripts folder. This will work with many scripts:

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 6.26.16 PM.png

As you can see under User Presets there is an Alias that points to the Application folder. I keep my User Preset Library in Dropbox so that any user preset I create is available on any machine that I'm working on. For most scripts you can create a User Scripts folder here just for convince. There are some scripts that must be installed in the Script UI Panels folder in the Application folder:

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 6.34.38 PM.png

You'll have to get Admin access to install these scripts so they show up in the Menu. Folks that sell those kinds of scripts may have work arounds for your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, I've been trying to get this to work for ages but something isn't quite right. Any idea if it's just outdated or am I doing something wrong?

I've created an alias that is originally in a Google Drive File Stream folder and moved that alias to /Documents/Adobe/After Effects 2020/User Presets

Is this correct? I expect the scripts to then appear under File>Scripts but this isn't the case...

Any help appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The User Presets panel is not for JSX files, it is for user presets, FFX files.

Screenshot_2020-07-30 19.34.52_wVSAyR.png

As I said before scripts are linked to the applications folder. AE will never see a script in the User Presets folder.

Screenshot_2020-07-30 19.35.38_IF6nN4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines