8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2016 3:35 AM by forumfotos

"Could load  plug in" message displays when attempting to view flash content

forumfotos

Could load  plug in, appears on this website and other websites. I have Google Chrome and window 7. I never have had this issue before. Google shows is on and I have downloaded the latest Flash Player thank you

[moderator] updated title to accurately reflect issue being reported]

• 1. Re: Plug- in
          Satinder S Bains Adobe Employee

Can you check the flash player version by navigating to the site Adobe - Flash Player  Also please share the chrome version you are using.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Plug- in
            forumfotos Level 1

23.0.0.207 I could not see anything else. what do you mean ‘’ share Chrome..

Thanks

Jent

• 3. Re: Plug- in
              m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi forumfotos

To obtain the Chrome version navigate to chrome://help.  This will tell you what version of Chrome you have and whether or not it's the latest version.

Please try the following the following:

1. Launch Chrome
              2. In the address bar at the top, type chrome://plugins and press Enter
              3. Look for Adobe Flash Player entry and make note of the Location path (where Chrome is loading Flash Player plugin from)
                If the Location path doesn’t display, click +Details in the top right to show plugin details
              4. If the Location Path is something like C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Goole\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash, proceed to step 5. Otherwise, stop and post the Location Path in your reply.
              5. Exit out of Chrome
              6. Using Windows Explorer go to the <PATH>/PepperFlash directory obtained in step 3. E.G Win: C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Goole\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash
                Note: AppData is a hidden directory, if you don't see it you'll need to enable viewing hidden files/folders.  See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
              7. Delete the version number directory (e.g. 23.0.0.166)
              8. Launch Chrome
              9. In the address bar at the top, type chrome://components and press Enter
              10. Locate the Adobe Flash Player entry
              11. Click the corresponding Check for updates button
              12. Flash Player plugin should download and install
              13. View Flash content

--

Maria

• 4. Re: Plug- in
                forumfotos Level 1

Hi

I dont know where is  Windows Explorer  to see  <PATH>/PepperFlash.  thanks

• 5. Re: Plug- in
                  m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

Windows Explorer is what you use to search for files on your system:

Click Start and in the search field enter Windows Explorer, then select Windows Explorer from the search results.

start-WindowsExplorer.jpg

• 6. Re: Plug- in
                    forumfotos Level 1

THis is the result  , I can not see '' <PATH>/PepperFlash// thanks

• 7. Re: Plug- in
                      m_vargas Adobe Employee

In Windows Explorer you need to navigate to the directory location listed in chrome://plugins.  For example:

In Google Chrome, when you navigate to chrome://plugins, and locate the Flash Player Plugin, copy the file path up to and including PepperFlash directory (don't include the version number directory or the the file name).

Then open Windows Explorer and paste the path in the navigation field.  Hit Enter and it should take you to the appropriate location.

• 8. Re: Plug- in
                        forumfotos Level 1

Hi

I sent before a screen shot, of my windows 7 , of Windows Explorer  I can not locate the page you suggested.