• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop fail

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I crop a picture, and press DONE the image almost always jumps to another part of the original image. When I retry, the exact same jump occurs. This started after I got an update a week or so ago.  It worked good the first few times I cropped an image after the update. Apparently no one else has this problem. Since my program may be damaged I would like to redownload it, but I don't know how.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Well I finally got into the forums so I could click the "correct" but was told there was no result for my search. I am tired to trying.

But Thank You for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you start by resetting your Preferences?

Are you on CC 2017?

PS delete prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above is a sample of what I mean

I copied the three pictures on an Epson WF 4630 printer.

Then I cropped, rotated and straightened the upper left picture in the left image above, then selected DONE. The second image above is what I suddenly got.

I did the same for the upper right and the bottom picture, getting the second and third image above.

If I redo, I get the exact same images everytime.

I did over a thousand pictures before getting notifications that updates were available, I wish I hadn't downloaded them.

I am beginning to believe that I should cancel photoshop, then reorder it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rollant2268305​:

Your screen shots did not appear in the post as intended. Use the insert image button in the chat window toolbar if you'd like to try again:

JIVE Add screen shot to reply.png

I am beginning to believe that I should cancel photoshop, then reorder it.

If you want to use an earlier version until we can figure this out, you don't need to cancel Photoshop and reorder it. Just install the previous version. Instructions are in the latter half of this post:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-creative-cloud-not-working-upgrade/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried going to an earlier version of Light Room. They listed 6.0, 5.71 and another on I forget the number.

6.0 brought up the same new crop with the "Done" selection button.

And the same problem, shooting down my idea that my program was damaged,

So I tried 5.71. Still the same problem and same display with the "Done" button.

When I went back to try the third one, it had disappeared.

Maybe I need to redo Photoshop, not Lightroom?

Will try and get into chat again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally got this thing to work. Apparently if I crop a photo and then rotate, the problem occurs.

If I rotate the photo first, then crop it works right.

Which means the rotate within the crop is worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried going to an earlier version of Light Room.

I'm so glad to hear that you got it working.

As a heads up, you posted your Lightroom question in the Photoshop forum. There is a separate forum for Lightroom questions, and of course our answers aren't going to make a sense if we are giving you Photoshop commands and you are trying to execute them in Lightroom. Next time: Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I finally got into the forums so I could click the "correct" but was told there was no result for my search. I am tired to trying.

But Thank You for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's my pleasure. To mark an answer correct, scroll back to the top of this thread and click the link to the original post: Crop Fail. Then you should be able to mark helpful answers as helpful and the correct answer as correct.

Safariss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rollant2268305 wrote:

When I crop a picture, and press DONE the image almost always jumps to another part of the original image.

I can't find "Done" when I crop, but you may mean Commit? Just to confirm, how are you cropping, and how do you accept the crop?

Is this recent behavior or has it always done this?

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

What happens if you press Enter or Return or double-click inside the image to commit? Does it do the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above is a sample of my problem.

I select the first image above, and crop out the upper left picture. I crop, rotate and straighten the picture then select "DONE". The second image above is what I get.

When I try the second and third pictures, the 3rd and 4th images above is what I get.

I successfully did over 1000 pictures, starting last September, before getting notification that three updates were available. After I down loaded them, a few pictures worked fine, then this problem started.

I believe I had a "Commit" selection before the update, now there is a different format and I get the "Done" selection.

The Photoshop is 2017, but the CC is 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines