Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time-mapping + Timecodes

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Apologies in advance as I'm a basic AE user. I've been looking through the forums but can't find the exact answer I need ...

Basically, I'm working with an imported video that I've added a time code to (Effects>Text>Numbers). All I'd like to do is "fast forward" through certain sections of the video and slow back down to real-time the rest of the time (I've been doing this with time-mapping).

A few questions:

1) When I do speed up sections of the video, how do I make the time code speed up proportionally as well? Right now, it keeps ticking in "real time" even though the video that is playing is speeding up. To give some context, the video is of a timed event so it's a bit important to maintain an accurate timeline.

2) How do I ensure that the length of the video proportionally shrinks as I compress certain sections? It's currently adhering to the video's original length.

3) Sorry, I know this is a basic question, but when I use time-mapping, how do I ensure that all parts of the video I do speed up are done so at a consistent speed?

Thanks so much for your help and patience. Really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do I ensure that all parts of the video I do speed up are done so at a consistent speed?

You don't. That's what the Timewarp effect is for.

How do I ensure that the length of the video proportionally shrinks as I compress certain sections? It's currently adhering to the video's original length.

That's not possible with either method. AE will always retain the original layer duration.

When I do speed up sections of the video, how do I make the time code speed up proportionally as well?

Pre-compose the video and the timecode at normal speed and remap the resulting comp-based layer in the parent comp.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines