• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in color dialogue box in Indesign

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to revert to Indesign 2015 to overcome this problem in documents i need changed. In Indesign 2017, when I have multiple texts selected (in chained boxes), I am unable to enter values numerically in the color dialogue. Sometimes the first value accepts only one number and then jumps back to the actual selected text and changes the selected text it to the second number I typed to complete the values in the boxes. Sometimes I an unable to even select the first value box. I have attached a screen shot illustrating what is happening. I have the dialogue box up and the text selected, but when I click in the first box to change the value it is completely unresponsive. Even tabbing does not

work.

InDesign CCScreenSnapz001.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on Mac, I guess? Did you try:

1. Turn on "Application Frame" under menu "Window".

and / or

2. Navigate to Preference -> Advance Type -> Type Contextual controls and uncheck it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi winterm,

just tested the Color Panel with selected text where the OpenType Adornment was visible with the selected text. Application Frame was off.

InDesign CC 2017 v12.0.0.81

OSX 10.10.5

And yes, I can see that bug where the editing field of a panel lost focus and the values are replacing selected text.
Now we have three cases where the bug hits: The Paragraph Panel, the Control Panel and the Color Panel.

Every time the solution was to use the Application Frame and/or to shut off the OpenType Adornment features.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Uwe

thank You for your input.

A fourth case may be (or not) this one. I'm on Windows, so couldn't really test...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artwork,

report this bug here:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines