• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 Typing/Inputting on Palettes Doesn't Work

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select/highlight words or paragraph in a text box, and change a formatting on a palette (e.g.: font size, paragraph after spacing, etc.), it doesn't change the formatting, but it changes the highlighted words or paragraph to what I type or input on the palette.

For example: I highlight words "InDesign problems", then go to Paragraph formatting palette and change the space after to 0.1, InDesign actually changes my words from "InDesign problems" to "0.1" (the value I input in the formatting field.

????

Help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Known bug on Macs, discussed numerous times already.

1. Turn on "Application Frame" under menu "Window".

and / or

2. Navigate to Preference -> Advance Type -> Type Contextual controls and uncheck it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug on Macs, discussed numerous times already.

1. Turn on "Application Frame" under menu "Window".

and / or

2. Navigate to Preference -> Advance Type -> Type Contextual controls and uncheck it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! That fixed it.

I searched for InDesign palette problems but didn't find any answer for this issue—not sure what they are under

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, and here… and many more, believe me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

A solution for this issue is provided at Troubleshoot text selection issues. Please try the steps mentioned in the link.

Note: You need not to turn off the preferences now with this solution, and should be able to work fine.

Please share your feedback.

Thanks,

Monica Singh

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines