4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 12:13 AM by Test Screen Name

Need to save file in server

tpk1982 Level 4

Hi All,

I am novice in Acrobat scripting. My requirement is to save as the pdf in to specific location of server.

this.saveAs() is working perfectly.

My concern is, I created a form and have submit button. I need to create a copy of that form in server when i click submit button. I aware i can't run the script from Button except i use folder level script.

Because i need to send the form to 100+ users and they are using different machines. So saving the script in every system is not possible.

Is there any other way to do this? Please suggest. And please correct me if i said anything wrong.

Advance thanks to all.

Regards,

K

• 1. Re: Need to save file in server
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You must run the saveAs method from a privileged context, so your only options are either a folder-level script or to certify the document.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Need to save file in server
            Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

It may be useful to consider why there is such a restriction and that it is intentionally difficult. An intranet solution may be better, with a web Script doing the submit task. File based saves tend not to scale well and lack auditability.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Need to save file in server
              tpk1982 Level 4

Hi try67,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what you meant "certify the document."?

@Test Screen Name: There is no restriction but the 100 of systems are in different places. So i cant go and instal the script unfortunately. Am also thinking for gDoc from. Thanks for your suggestion.

Is it any chance we can run the script automatically without aassigningin button? I meant any eventlistener we have like Indesign?

Thanks,

K

• 4. Re: Need to save file in server
                Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

You cannot have any self-installing script INSIDE a PDF. This is to protect against a PDF being used as an attack vector. I think a server solution (CGI, ASP, PHP etc.) is much more suitable for you than embedded JavaScript. Much more likely to work in browsers and mobiles too.