• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2017 Killed my legacy 32bit InDesigns on Mac 10.11.6

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our facility has a huge customer base on Legacy PageMaker (WIN only) and InDesign applications. We have all versions of InDesign installed on the workstations. We installed InDesign CC2017 on a workstation today. On Windows 7, all versions are still intact.

On Mac OS 10.11.6 all 32 bit versions of InDesign will not open: InDesign CS3 through 5.5.

Any word on why this may be happening? I'm assuming the equivalent of a DLL overwrite (not sure what that is on Mac).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no 32bit version on MAC OS. Can you please clearly state the issue?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually stated it correctly. There is no version of InDesign CS3, 4, 5, or 5.5 that is 64 bit. Those are all 32 bit applications, however they all ran on the Mac through some sort of backward compatibility mode. What I’m saying is that I believe that the install of InDesign CC2017 broke that backward compatibility. I need to fix that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines