• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I currently use Adobe Acrobat X. Is there a way to change the height of the text in the add text box command? I click on the properties but there isn't anything for text height to style.

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the properties but there isn't anything for text height or style.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

The Typewriter Tool (more recently labelled as “Add or Edit Text Box") should be found under Tools>Content.  If you enable your Properties Tool Bar, you should be able to highlight your text and change its properties with the Properties Bar.  As handy as the Properties Bar can be, it is not visible by default.  You can show/hide it with ctrl-E (or cmd-E on the Mac).  You can also show the Properties Bar by clicking View>Toolbars>Properties Bar.

One thing to note: The Properties Bar is context-sen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say “text height”, I am unsure of exactly what it is you are trying to format.  Are you adding a text form field, or are you using the typewriter tool to add text to your PDF page?  For a text form field, if you click and drag when you try to make a text entry, you will be drawing a text box in which you will then type, and you can drag the box out to whatever height you desire.  You should also be able to use the arrow tool to select the text box and manipulate its height & width from the corners.  If you are using the Typewriter tool, that tool’s option box should pop up when you activate the tool, and font and type size options are there for the choosing, before you enter any text.

If you are using the Comment Text Box tool, you should be able to drag out the box to your desired dimension.  If you enable the Properties Bar (control/command E), you'll be able to apply customized characteristics to the stroke, fill, opacity, etc.  When you select your text, you can adjust typeface, size, color, etc.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the typewriter tool that I can find. I use the Text Box command to add text to a page. I understand I can drag the box to make it larger but the actual text height I cannot get to change. When I am adding notes for people to see on a large sheet the text is too small to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Typewriter Tool (more recently labelled as “Add or Edit Text Box") should be found under Tools>Content.  If you enable your Properties Tool Bar, you should be able to highlight your text and change its properties with the Properties Bar.  As handy as the Properties Bar can be, it is not visible by default.  You can show/hide it with ctrl-E (or cmd-E on the Mac).  You can also show the Properties Bar by clicking View>Toolbars>Properties Bar.

One thing to note: The Properties Bar is context-sensitive.  So if you click to select your text box, it shows the properties of the box.  If you want to see and adjust the text properties, you must double click to enter text mode, and highlight the text you wish to alter.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines