3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 5:33 AM by JoeKostoss

What have I done wrong?

CDown

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 10.45.00 PM.png

Wondering if there is anyway I get get this photo back ,

It also says my disk is full when trying to import photos, I have tried to delete photos, where do these photos go when deleted ?

I have so many questions , where is the best place to go for some answers , thanks so much

• 1. Re: What have I done wrong?
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Looks like you moved or deleted the original image from outside of Lightroom.

Your images are not "in" the Lightroom catalog. The images are on the hard drive, just like your word processing documents and spreadsheets. LR just references the images by path and file name.

If you delete the image from the catalog, all the info about that image is removed from the catalog, including all the edits. If you delete the image off the disk, it may or may not be temporarily moved to the "trash" or "recycle bin" prior to being permanently deleted.

This is a great forum for asking questions. A great set of tutorials:

Lightroom Training Videos « Julieanne Kost's Blog

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What have I done wrong?
            CDown Level 1

So how can I permanently delete from the "disk" that says is full ?  Thanks

• 3. Re: What have I done wrong?
              JoeKostoss Adobe Community Professional

If you delete a file from the disk that is full, most likely the file goes to the Trash or Recycle Bin as stated by ManiacJoe.  However, the space on that disk is not automatically made available for another file.  You must first make sure the disk is still connected and then empty the Trash or Recycle Bin to free up that disk space.