Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move the timeline onto second monitor?

Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Captivate.

I can't seem to move the timeline off of the main window onto my second monitor. Is there a keyboard modifier?

Thanks!
Scot

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Are you using the Newbie UI in Captivate 9 or 8? In that case you cannot customize anything in the UI, it is Captivate who controls it.

To change to Expert UI, where you will be able to drag panels, to add panels to docking stations, to make them floatin (which you'll need to drag to another monitor), you have to switch to the Expert UI. Go into Preferences, General Settings and activate the 4th option 'Enable custom workspaces/panel undocking'. You will have to restart Captivate to see the new U

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Newbie UI in Captivate 9 or 8? In that case you cannot customize anything in the UI, it is Captivate who controls it.

To change to Expert UI, where you will be able to drag panels, to add panels to docking stations, to make them floatin (which you'll need to drag to another monitor), you have to switch to the Expert UI. Go into Preferences, General Settings and activate the 4th option 'Enable custom workspaces/panel undocking'. You will have to restart Captivate to see the new UI. You'll be able to create custom workspaces as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful!! Yeah, I've been putting all my Adobe palettes on a 2nd monitor since the early 90s.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad this helped you out. I never use the Newbie UI, too limiting, feeling like a 'baby'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources