5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2017 9:46 AM by Olivier NICK

Lihgtroom 6.0.1 et version de camera raw

mome05

Hello,
      I am French so it is difficult for me to write in English !!
      I bought the lightroom 6 update and I now have version 6.0.1.
      My problem is that the version of camera raw is 9.0 and I can not read the raw of my Panasonic DMC-G70!
      However, I also have photoshop CS6 and there is the camera version raw 9.1.1 which opens the raw of my panasonic.

Please, tell me how to install the camera version raw 9.1.1 with lightroom 6.0.1 !!
      Thank you for your help
      Monique

• 1. Re: Lihgtroom 6.0.1 et version de camera raw
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Lightroom does not use the Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop.

Looks like you need to update Lightroom to version 6.1 (current is 6.7).

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lihgtroom 6.0.1 et version de camera raw
            mome05 Level 1

I would like to upgrade to version 6.7 but I do not know how to do it.
            When I open Lightroom I go to "Help / Information System". I can read :
            "" Lightroom Version: 6.0.1 [1018573]
            License: Permanent
            Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
            Revision: 6.1 [7601]
            Architecture of the application: x64 ""
            and I have this at the opening: (see image)
            lightroom.JPG

When I do "help / update", the Creative cloud page opens and offers me an update to lightroom CC 2015. (see image)
            créative cloud.JPG
            But I do not want lightroom CC 2015 !! I want to keep lighroom 6, the one I bought in permanent license and I would like to upgrade to version 6.7.

How should I proceed, please ??
            • 3. Re: Lihgtroom 6.0.1 et version de camera raw
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are the same program and are updated with the same update process. Since you have purchased Lightroom 6 and have activated  with a serial number, the program will run as Lightroom 6.7 after you run the update. You can't download a separate update for Lightroom 6 because there isn't one. It's all done with the same updater. It's unfortunate that Adobe doesn't differentiate that in the application manager. But they don't.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Lihgtroom 6.0.1 et version de camera raw
                mome05 Level 1

Thank you ManiacJoe and JimHess,

The upgrade to version 6.7 is done!
                I had to uninstall the lightroom software. Then I reinstall it by connecting to my adobe id!
                Then, the update was done correctly.
                Thank you for your help !!

cordially
                Monique

• 5. Re: Lihgtroom 6.0.1 et version de camera raw
                  Olivier NICK

I am a long term user of Adobe PS (including Camera Raw) and Lr products.

I got a "free year" Photograph pack (Lr CC + Ps CC), when I purchase my Panasonic Gx8. In fact, my previous Lr version was not compatible anymore.

At the end of the "free year", I wanted to turn back to my previous Pc CS and Lr.

I have had to purchase a new Lr 6 licence!

With a complicated process including deleting, download, a.s.o., thanks to Adobe customer service, I could transform "free" Lr CC into Lr 6.

But I got Lr 6.0.1, that is not compatible with Panasonic Gx8 Raw files.

"Unfortunately" Adobe doesn't provide any customer service for Lr6 : "it is an obsolete version" and I had to sign up to agree...

Thanks to you JimHess! From now, I can run Lr 6.8, including Raw Panasonic Gx8 compatibility...